One of the main ways to support the ministry of Manor Road United Church is with financial support. This can be done through donations to Manor Road’s general fund as well as to the Mission & Service fund of the United Church of Canada.
Regular donations can be made by choosing one of the following options:
- Weekly envelopes
- Automatic bank deductions through pre-authorized remittance (PAR)
Occasional donations can be made by means of:
- A gift made In Memory of someone close to you, and as an expression of sympathy and respect to surviving family members and friends. MRUC will notify the family of your donation.
- A gift made In Honour of a friend, relative or colleague to commemorate a special occasion in their life.
- A gift made through an online donation at www.CanadaHelps.org. They will provide you with a charitable tax receipt and remit your donation to Manor Road United Church directly. Click the button below for a direct link to our donation page at CanadaHelps.
- A bequest in one’s will. A bequest may be for a specific amount, a percentage of one’s Estate or the residue of the Estate.
- An annuity. A United Church gift annuity provides an income for life, a charitable tax receipt and a gift to the congregation beyond one’s lifetime.
- RRSP or RRIF monies. These can be designated for a registered charity such as Manor Road United Church and be eligible to be treated as a Charitable Gift upon death of the holder. Alternatively these monies are treated as income in the year of death and are subject to substantial tax.
- Stocks. There is no tax on capital gains of appreciated stocks contributed to a registered charity. The donor receives a charitable tax receipt for the full amount of the gift and is not required to pay any capital gains tax that may be applicable on sale of the shares.
Tax receipts are given for all donations over $10 and are issued at the end of the year.
For more information or to make a donation please contact us.